Family Dog class focuses on teaching you to teach your dog to be a safe, polite, pleasant and happy family companion. Most owners just want their dog to stop pulling on the leash and not jump on people. In this class, you will learn how to accomplish that and much more.
Basic skills you will teach your dog:
* Sit (and stay sitting)
* Down (and stay down)
* Walk on a leash without pulling
* Come when called
* Chill out
* Remain calm around people and other dogs
* Games and Tricks to build impulse control
Basic skills YOU will learn:
* Understanding how dogs learn and how to effectively teach them
* Reading dog body language and recognizing signs a dog has had enough
* Using management tools such as baby gates, crates, no-pull harnesses, and food-dispensing toys
* Creating a tired dog (= well-behaved dog) by providing mental stimulation and satisfying the dog’s natural urge to DO SOMETHING.
* Safety rules
Suitable for: Most dogs over 12 months old. Large breed puppies from 6-12 months at the discretion of the instructor.
Not suitable for:
Dogs who are very fearful in new places or around other people or dogs, or dogs who have shown any kind of aggressive behavior.
Small (toy size) dogs. We find really small dogs generally do better, even as adults, in a S.T.A.R Puppy class.
IMPORTANT!: Only one dog per family may attend at a time. We have found two dogs from the same family are simply too distracted by each other to learn, and often create so much stress for their owners that the owners also have a hard time learning.
For more information Calendar of Events Class size is limited Requirements:Missing more than one class will result in your being dropped from the course.